POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Near Earth comet try (fail?) [~45KB Jpg] : Re: Near Earth comet 2nd try [~17KB Jpg] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Near Earth comet 2nd try [~17KB Jpg]
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 14 Aug 2000 11:13:46
Message: <39980caa@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote in message <3997f68b@news.povray.org>...
>Here's a changed version.  Added the ion tail and smoothed out the dust
>tail, even made the coma smaller.  It can't be perfect I don't think, only
>better and better (or worse, depending).
>Want to credit Constantine Thomas, Kari Kivisalo, and James Hastings-Trew.
>I just now got the Earthpng.zip file at Constantine's site which I
>previously posted a reply to Christoph Hormann about.  I believe I had been
>using the maps from David Seal's site before: http://maps.jpl.nasa.gov/

Now that's nice. Tail looks a bit long relative to the size of the
earth.  Maybe move the commet further from the earth.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * Reality.dat not found         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Attempting to reboot universe *
* The best way to accelerate Windows NT is at 9.8 m/s^2      *